Thursday, April 12, 2018

Winter Poetry Sampler 2017-2018




These poems were written between November 2017 and April 2018.


snowing equinox 


maybe the sky
is depressed 
i’ll encourage you, firmament, 
to kiss my skin again
and weep no more in icy sorry 
they may not understand 
but i do


frankenstein (poems of an autobiographical nature viii)

i am tired of 
the frankenstein 
of ideal me
patched up in my anxious mind 
can’t accept
i’m just not this frankenstein
of better words and prettier form of sweeter lips and popularity 
knock knock 
remember who you wanna be
well you’re not

someone shoot this monster or set its ship a sail and let me sleep in peace as 
myself

new aesthetics

screw pittsburgh’s osmosis into my creative soul 
i now admire dead leaves’ curls
and smoke stained brick
people-scarred land and drug-scarred people 
truck-crunched beer cans, confetti on the cracked highways

so many sad boys here
we laugh in philadelphia
our grass is greener 
they bleed brains and gold 
pollution and wanderers 
makes sense
not all steel is magnetic 

poems for they i know (part v)

antithesis to my creative gods 
clouds to sunshine and old coffee
wearing your baggage under your eyes 
writing your soul in between all cows eat grass 
and erratic punctuation 
and kind silence as we pulled apart daisies 
not counting lovers but minutes to escape each other’s airspace 

this old empty skyline sags parallel to your shoulders 
two different kinds of alone 
but your magnetic insignificance so unreadable 

everyone knows you
but near no one knows you 

“i don’t want to be here” 
“haha that makes two of us” 
“as in, this planet.”
“also makes two of us.” 

poems for they i know part vi 

heart cries a river and eyes hold the sky,
voice fills the mind and words steel my shoulders 
sing me a storm song, lovely. 
they broke your clouds but your rains, they loved me. 
the world doesn’t end beyond the horizon. 

haiku xii - beautiful 

when a boy told me
i was beautiful i for-
got i ever was 

opened ears

silence?
why hardly.
the world is also a psalter.

summerset 

gonna watch this summerset in the golds and greens
of pennsylvania;
gonna leave this field of dustbowl dreams 
and neon signs of yesteryears;
bury myself in dead men’s memories 
and wrap myself in your arms.

r o b i n s 

joyous fury as spring rages in 
i sit in the rain and they frame me
ring around a reasoner 

can’t conjure a renewed love and drive for what i do
i only dream of bills anymore
and so with wrecked headphones and a lack of resolution
i wander through song’s successful shots at three minute self expression

someone push me off my beaten path and i’ll find the words again 

No comments:

Post a Comment