You might be a writer if you can relate to these:
1. The curse of the blinking cursor
2. The almighty writer's block-smashing power of Hans Zimmer's soundtrack
3. We should just ban chapter breaks, know what I mean?
4. You half-stalk people for character inspiration
5. When people call you crazy:
6. This "If people talked to plumbers like they talk to writers" analogy speaks to your soul:
7. Your reaction when people say, "Don't worry about rejection. J.K. Rowling was rejected 12 times!"
8. Your reaction when people say, "Someday you're going to be as rich as J.K Rowling!"
9. Your reaction when people say, "Can I be in the movie?"
10. When writing THAT scene:
11. You justify watching TV as research
12. When an agent stars your pitch on Twitter:
13. When aforementioned agent then rejects your story:
14. Comic Sans must die
15. You're afraid your Google search will land you in jail
16. But then again:
17. The bossiest people you know are your characters. You wish they'd just shut up, except they're in your head.
18. When someone tells you YA isn't true literature
19. WHEN YOU FINALLY FINISH THAT BOOK
20. And then ten seconds later you realize you have to revise it still
21. When someone asks why you even bother
22. But then your CP sends you all the positive smiley face comments
23. Or when you nail that world building and you just bask in the glow of your marvelous imagination
24. Or you LOL at your own comic relief
25. But there is no GREATER FEELING that no one else will EVER understand than the overwhelming satisfaction of KILLING YOUR ANTAGONIST.
And there's a whole bunch of us out there.