Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Favorite Screen Characters Tag

I was tagged by Lana Wood Johnson in this fun blog hop, where those participating share their top ten favorite screen (movie or television) characters.

I am not a big television person, except when it comes to baseball, so most of my listed characters are from films, and most of them are from adaptations, because I watch a lot of those. Here goes! And in no particular order, because I have a general group of favorites without rank.






Eliza Doolittle

Because accent, catchy songs, "Aaooh," transformation to elegance, and Audrey Hepburn

"I could have danced all night!"





Cosmo  (Singin' in the Rain)

Because hilarious best friend, make 'em laugh, dancing skills, and Donald O'Connor

"Cosmo, call me a cab."
"Okay, you're a cab."





Hassan Kadam and Marguerite (Hundred-Foot Journey)

Because France, India, bicycles, cooking, sunshine, and despite-the-differences friendship

"Food is memories."




Natasha Rostova (War and Peace)

Because perseverance, dancing, Prince Andrei, talent, and Oscar-winning Audrey Hepburn

"When I finally say I love you to any man and really mean it, it will be like a defeated general... surrendering his sword..."




Hugo Cabret (Hugo)

Because clocks, gadgets, adventure, determination, and quiet expressive friendship with Isabelle 

"I'd imagine the world as one big machine. Machines never come with extra parts, you know... so I figured, if the world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason, and that means you have to be here for some reason, too."




Rapunzel and Flynn Rider (Tangled) 

Because lanterns and light and laughs

"Here's your pan, here's your frog."




Colonel Brandon (1995 Sense and Sensibility)

Because carrying Marianne five and a half miles in the rain and being satisfied with one "Thank you."

"Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad."





Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit trilogy)

Because spunk and spirit and nose wiggles and Martin Freeman

"I'm going on an adventure!"





Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)

Because redemption, selflessness, and some serious heroism

"Who am I?"
"You're Jean Valjean."





Elizabeth Bennett (1995 Pride and Prejudice)

Because poise, 19th century snark, and self-admitted humanity

"We are both of an unsocial, taciturn disposition, unwilling to speak unless we expect to say something that will amaze the whole room."




Bonus:

Lucy Pevensie (Narnia)



Merida DunBroch (Brave)



Mulan (Mulan)


Han Solo (Star Wars)



Westley and Buttercup (Princess Bride)




So there you have it!

Here's my tags:





Looking forward to seeing your favorite screen characters!


Who are some of your favorite screen characters, readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment